1. ANNUAL ISRAEL TRUTH WEEK CONFERENCE – ‘Pushing Back With Truth And Action,’ March 5-6/13: The second annual Israel Truth Week Conference was held in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, March 5-6, 2013. Details, program, handouts, media coverage, etc. below.
With fantastic cooperation from Hamilton’s Never Again Group we were proud to present 21 speakers over two days, including three from the U.S. We raised $14,000 for the ALYN children’s hospital in Jerusalem at the conference due in large part to a totally unexpected head start donation of $10,000 provided from our generous host venue, Victory International Church. Thanks to another fundraiser by the Hamilton Christian Fellowship (see #2) we raised a grand total of $15,000 for the heroic children of ALYN. Many thanks to all donors and volunteers who made this all possible! Thank you to Victory Church. Thank you to the Jewish Defence League for providing security. Of course, we owe a great debt of gratitude to our wonderful speakers who all donated their time to participate:
***all photos by David Strutt, www.dstruttphotography.com. Thank you once again, David, for your generosity.
REFERENCE HANDOUTS: Three of our presenters provided authoritative reference handouts to aid Israel supporters in countering the lies attacking her legitimacy under international law. They can be downloaded below.
VIDEO FOOTAGE: Unfortunately, we experienced technical issues with the raw video footage that we are still trying to resolve (as of June 25/13) before editing can begin.
2. HAMILTON CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP FUNDRAISER FOR ALYN HOSPITAL, March 18/13: The Hamilton Christian Fellowship held a screening of the documentary, Precious Life, and helped us raise nearly another $855. for ALYN, giving us a grand total of $15,000!
3. LONDON, ONTARIO MAGEN DAVID ADOM FUNDRAISER, March 18/13: Reverend Joe Campbell (2nd from R in photo below) organized and hosted a private meeting with our conference finale keynote speaker Rev. Majed El Shafie on March 6 (Day 2), and also hosted a screening of Precious Life on March 18th at the Royal View Church in London, Ontario (site of the 2012 Israel Truth Week conference) in conjunction with Naomi Sheinbaum (centre in photo), co-Chair of the London, Canada chapter for Magen David Adom — Israel’s Red Cross. This Israel Truth Week event raised $988 for the charity whose work includes being first on the scene of terror attacks against Israeli civilians.
4. CANADIAN PATRIOTIC SOCIETY VIGIL AT YORK UNIVERSITY, March 11-15: This was a daily 2 hour vigil in protest of Israel Apartheid Week at York. Israel Truth Week founder Mark Vandermaas was present each day, and supporters and/or representatives from various pro-Israel groups attended, including two other Israel Truth Week conference speakers, Meir Weinstein of the Jewish Defence League (JDL) and Salomon Benzimra of Canadians for Israel’s Legal Rights (CILR). We received many honks and waves, and Mark was invited to appear on Michael Coren’s ‘The Arena’ Show.
5. RYERSON UNIVERSITY LECTURE, TORONTO, March 14/13: The first-ever on-campus Israel Truth Week event organized by the Ryerson Israeli Student Association & Ryerson Campus Conservatives featuring a lecture by ITW speaker, Salomon Benzimra — author of ‘The Jewish People’s Rights to the Land of Israel‘ — on Israel’s historical and legal claims to Palestine in accordance with international law.
6. HAUSMAN MEMORIAL SPEAKER SERIES PRESENTATION OF LARS HEDEGAARD & ROBERT SPENCER, BOSTON, USA, March 20/13: Rabbi Jonathan Hausman, a speaker at both the 2012/2013 Israel Truth Week conferences and a driving force for the movement, held the first-ever Israel Truth Week event in the USA with his panel discussion, ‘Sharia’s Assault on Free Speech: Warriors Who Refuse to be Silenced.’
2013 Israel Truth Week Conference
‘PUSHING BACK WITH TRUTH AND ACTION’
VICTORY INTERNATIONAL CHURCH
(Dr. Peter R. Marshall, Pastor)
2799 Barton Street East, Hamilton, ON, Canada
March 5-6, 2013
VENUE & HOTELS: [MAP]
*** FINAL PROGRAM (Mar 02/13): [PDF] ***
IN SUPPORT OF…
*** KEYNOTE FINALE ***
REV. MAJED EL SHAFIE, ‘FREEDOM FIGHTER’
Israel Truth Week presents the world human rights leader Rev. Majed El Shafie of One Free World International. He will present his award-winning documentary ‘Freedom Fighter,’ following which he will participate in an extended question and answer session, followed by a ‘mingle’ session which will close the conference. This exciting new keynote finale session will take place at Victory International Church during the evening of March 6th, 6:30-7:00pm, doors open 6:00pm.
ABOUT REV. MAJED EL SHAFIE: Rev. El Shafie is a former Muslim who was tortured and sentenced to die after converting to Christianity. He escaped to Israel and now, from Canada, he rescues other persecuted people, and travels the world’s hot spots speaking out against violence and persecution of innocents because of their faith. He has just returned from meeting numerous dignitaries in India, and he will be speaking at the United Nations this Thursday, Feb 28th at a conference organized by the Jerusalem Center for Public Affairs, following which a ‘Draft International Convention for the Prevention of Incitement to Terror’ will be presented to the UN. Click here for more info.
MEDIA RELEASES & NEWS
Jan 24/13 MEDIA RELEASE: [PDF] ‘Pushing Back With Truth & Action’: 2nd annual Israel Truth Week Conference in Hamilton, ON, Canada, March 5-6/13 to counter ‘Apartheid’ vilification, Canadian rule of law/policing failures’
- Feb 04/13 (JOINT MEDIA RELEASE): ‘Canadians for Israel’s Legal Rights‘ (CILR) partners with Israel Truth Week to address propaganda vs. Israel’s legitimacy under international law [PDF]
- Feb 05/13: Intelligence Summit (Israel Truth Week Partner) announcement: [LINK]
- Feb 06/13: Blazing Cat Fur video: Israel Truth Week announcement at Toronto Zionist Centre [VIDEO, 7:47]
- Feb 14/13: SHALOM TORONTO: Caledonia Warrior Organizes Israel Conference [PDF; HTML]
- Feb 19/13: Hamilton Spectator, pA3: ‘Signpost feature: ITW announcement [PDF]
- March 01/13: Toronto Zionist Council announcement [PDF]
- March 11/13: Israpundit.com, The Shame of Israel Apartheid Week [PDF] “[…] Ironically, Gentile supporters are often quicker and more willing to come to Israel’s defense, as they have done in Canada with Israel Truth Week, a conference dedicated to combating the dissimulation of Israel Apartheid Week. Israel Truth Week has become an annual event in Hamilton, Ontario, drawing speakers, academics and legal experts from Canada, the United States and Israel. Though the event was created by a dedicated group of Jews and non-Jews working together, it would not have grown so quickly without the commitment of Gentiles who support the Jewish State for reasons of history, justice and equity.”
The inspiration for this conference came from Mark Vandermaas, a Canadian whose family history made him acutely aware of the horrors of antisemitism. Vandermaas was adopted and raised by Dutch parents who lived through the German occupation of the Netherlands, where they saw their Jewish neighbors deported for slaughter and where his father was interred in a Nazi work camp from which he escaped. Vandermaas was motivated to act upon hearing of unrestrained antisemitism roiling the campus of the University of Western Ontario, where Jewish students were physically abused and harassed, and his indignation gave rise to Israel Truth Week. What started as a grassroots program has grown and begun attracting the attention of major Jewish organizations in Canada. […]” (Matthew M. Hausman, BA, JD was a speaker at the 2013 Israel Truth Week conference)
- March 18/13: The Canadian Jewish News: Israel Truth Week fights ‘obvious’ lies [PDF; PDF (lg font)]
- March 21/13: SHALOM TORONTO: Israel Truth Week; Inspiring the Power of One [PDF]
PRESENTER-PROVIDED RESOURCES FOR ATTENDEES
- Matthew M. Hausman, BA, JD : Legal and Historical Precedents for Israeli claims to Judea and Samaria [PDF, 4p]
- Salomon Benzimra, P.Eng., Canadians for Israel’s Legal Rights (CILR.org): Introduction to ‘The Jewish People’s Rights to the Land of Israel‘ [PDF, 5P]
- Rennanah Goldhar-Gemeiner: ‘Petition to the House of Commons of Canada for the Reaffirmation of Jewish Legal Rights to the Land of Israel…‘ (drafted by Howard Grief) [PDF, 4p]
THIS YEAR WE ARE SUPPORTING…
The compassionate Israel, the true Israel, the Israel you never see on the news.
Our goal is to raise $25,000 to help these heroic children.
The President of Canadian Friends of ALYN Hospital – Ms. Cathy Lanyard – will
be coming to Canada to tell us all about ALYN’s children and, two Canadians
(one from Hamilton) who travelled to Israel to participate in the 2012
‘Wheels of Love’ bicycle trip fundraiser will be telling their story about riding
under missiles from Gaza for all the children of ALYN – Jewish, Christian and Arab.
Let’s show Cathy, her riders and the kids that we really care:
- Receipts for Canadian income tax purposes will be issued -
Canadian Charitable Registration #: 118784834 RR0001
CONTACT: Mark Vandermaas, firstname.lastname@example.org, 519.457.0709
— COMMUNITY PARTNERS/CONTRIBUTORS —
ABOUT THE 2012 CONFERENCE…
“Dear Mark, your event was a great success in all regards, and I sincerely congratulate you for it. I wanted to tell you how pleased I was to attend the premiere of Israel Truth Week which you organized so efficiently. The venue was superb, the speakers were great and the topics couldn’t have been better selected. I am still scratching my head to find some – any – criticism…but in vain! ;-) Also to be highly commended are Rev. Joe Campbell, Andrew Lawton and Mary Lou Ambrogio.”
***Mr. Benzimra will be keynote speaker for the Day 1, Afternoon Session of the 2013 conference.